Vintage Silver Enamel Travel Shield Charm
About the Location:
Bingen am Rhein is a town in the Mainz-Bingen district in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.The settlement’s original name was Bingium, a Celtic word that may have meant “hole in the rock”, a description of the shoal behind the Mäuseturm, known as the Binger Loch. Bingen was the starting point for the Via Ausonia, a Roman military road that linked the town with Trier. Bingen is well known for, among other things, the story about the Mouse Tower, in which allegedly the Bishop of Mainz Hatto was eaten by mice. The town was in 2008, after Kaiserslautern and Trier, organizer of the third Rhineland-Palatinate State Garden Show.
- Metal: 800 Silver
- Material: Enamel on Silver
- Charm Type: Souvenir Travel Shield Bracelet Charm
- Dimensions: Height 5/8" x Width 1/2"
- Time Period: Vintage 1945-1975
- Weight: .035 grams
- Condition: Vintage Used
- Shield Charm Info: ebay ABOUT ME Page or echarmony.com
Please note that enamel travel shield charms are slightly smaller than a dime.
Width: 1/2" x Height: 5/8" (11 mm x 16 mm) to the top of the loop, not including the jump ring.
Weight: 0.35 grams
Want more charms?
1) Visit my eBay store
Visit my ebay store for recently listed travel shield charms: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/echarmony
2) Email your wishlist
If you don't see it here feel free to email me your WISH LIST of places you've been. email@example.com.
3) Browse Travel Shield Charm Photo Galleries
See more charms that I will be listing in my store soon. (Some of these charms may have been sold already.)
Shield Charms Galleries
• Italy Charms • USA Charms • USA Charms 2 • World & USA Charms • Canada Charms • USA Enamel Map Charms • WORLD Map Charms • Germany Shield Charms
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 05 January, 2010.